Publishing your Materials
Once processing is complete, your Shimmer View is ready for the next stage of your workflow.
Initially, the web app UI shows a padlock icon like the material on the left in the image below. Click on the icon to permanently Unlock the material for your use, by spending credits from your account or entering payment details.
Once a material has been unlocked, like the material on the right, the UI shows the
Clicking the Publish button enters the Publish screen.
You can access your material in the following ways:
- Link - A URL which you can share with your colleagues and contacts. Anyone with the URL can view the Shimmer.
- Email - Create an email containing a link to the new Shimmer View.
- Download > Shimmer view - You can download the Shimmer View to host it on your own website.
- Download > Full textures - This option downloads the full PBR textures for your scan, which contains the complete scanned area. For seamless tiling, you can askBandicoot to create tiled textures for you, or you can create tiled textures yourself from the full textures.
- Download > Tiled textures - If tiled PBR textures have been created byBandicoot, you can download them here.
PBR texture downloads can be used in 3D design and 3D fashion software. They are only available for scans where a layout mode of Flat was selected during upload. Texture scan be downloaded in ZIP or U3M format.
How to Scan
Take a handful of photos of the material from a series of different angles, using a camera with a flash.
How to Process
After uploading your photos, we process them and show you the resulting ShimmerView.
How to Publish
Publish the Shimmer View and embed it in your retail site, or download the texture files for 3D workflows.
Frequently asked questions. Someone else might have had the same questions as you have.